A popular saying in the world of investing is that…
“You make your money when you buy, not when you sell.”
What are some of the best cryptocurrencies to buy now with great potential to make you good money in the next few years ahead?
In this article, I’m going to share with you the 11 best cryptocurrencies to buy now for a rich portfolio and why I feel especially positive about them.
So without wasting time, let’s get this crypto shopping list ready.
The 11 Best Cryptocurrencies to Buy Now
There are about 7,000+ different cryptocurrencies in the market and these 11 do not constitute the true representation of all the best projects out there.
However, they’re among the few that I personally either have in my portfolio or planning to buy as soon as possible.
You can click on any of the coins listed below to jump to their respective section on the page.
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Binance Coin (BNB)
- Presearch (PRE)
- Basic Attention Token (BAT)
- TrustSwap (SWAP)
- Tether (USDT)
- ChainLink (LINK)
- Monero (XMR)
- Dash (DASH)
- Injective Protocol Token (INJ)
11 Best Cryptocurrencies to Buy Now Discussed
So let’s quickly take a closer look at each of the best cryptocurrencies to buy now and why I feel strongly positive about them.
1. Bitcoin (BTC)
Disregard all the negative comments about Bitcoin that you hear.
Things like: Bitcoin is, Bitcoin is expensive, Bitcoin transaction fee is too high, Bitcoin is blah, blah, blah.
It’s all BS from people who’s business “success” seemingly depends on Bitcoin’s “perceived” failure.
Bitcoin is the first, most secure, most valuable, and most popular cryptocurrency that rules them all.
And it does exactly what it was created to do.
Why You Should Buy Bitcoin
Have you ever wondered why:
- All other cryptocurrencies are paired and priced in Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin enjoys the same dominance in cryptocurrency as the US Dollar in the traditional world economy.
- Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency to have an ETF.
- Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency to be supported by PayPal.
- Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency the mainstream media talks about.
- Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency most people buy when they want to invest in crypto.
- When Bitcoin falls other cryptocurrencies follow and vice versa.
- Bitcoin controls more than 60% of the entire cryptocurrency market share.
- It is easier to buy and sell bitcoin with fiat compared to other cryptocurrencies.
- The only cryptocurrency supported by governments around the world is Bitcoin.
- Most merchants accept Bitcoin first before considering other cryptocurrencies.
- Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency challenging fiat currencies and being considered to become the next world currency after the US Dollar.
Because it’s the reigning, most trusted, and reliable cryptocurrency.
And denying or discounting that fact is self-deception, hypocrisy, and whatnot.
So go and buy Bitcoin.
In fact, I suggest you put at least 25% of your cryptocurrency investment fund in Bitcoin.
Bitcoin tops the list of the best cryptocurrencies to buy it’s for obvious reasons.
PS: This list is somewhat loosely in order of my personal preference. Especially from numbers 1 to 4.
2. Ethereum (ETH)
Ethereum is the second-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization.
And the first smart contract blockchain that allows developers to build decentralized applications (dApps).
More poetically –Ethereum is the world’s supercomputer that powers tons of decentralized applications.
Ethereum aims to champion the growth of the Web 3.0
A new era of a decentralized, all-inclusive internet that’s free from censorship and promotes freedom.
You can already see this dream come alive with the birth and rise of blockchain-based companies such as Unstoppable Domains.
And the tons of DeFi projects and dApps being built on Ethereum to power the new world of finance, information, and freedom.
Why Ethereum is a Good Investment now
Ethereum is the king of altcoins and probably the only cryptocurrency aside from bitcoin that’s actually worth the hype and for many good reasons:
- Ethereum has the largest ecosystem and developer community in the crypto market.
- Ethereum 2.0 – “the savior” is already here to take away the problems of scalability, high fees, and much more.
- The entire DeFi market is literarily built on Ethereum, and still growing fast —other blockchains are welcome to copy.
- More than 70% of all tokens are created and running on Ethereum.
- If Bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrencies, Ethereum is their mother.
There are over 2, 700 tokens according to CoinMarketCap and more than 80% of them are Ethereum-based ERC-20 tokens.
Tokens are cryptocurrencies that run or exist on another –parent – blockchain.
More so, the entire DeFi ecosystem is built on Ethereum as per data from DeFiPulse as seen below.
That means that nearly half of all cryptocurrencies are built and running on the Ethereum blockchain.
With these facts, we can safely conclude that Ethereum is too big to fail.
So, the next time you hear some maximalist from other projects telling you Ethereum is slow, Ethereum fee is too high, Ethereum is blah, blah, blah.
Just know that they’re just salesmen not ready to tell you the full truth for their own benefit.
Every project has its own shortcomings. And Bitcoin or Ethereum are no exceptions.
And that’s why you as an investor have to use your common sense most of the time to determine what you can accommodate and what will be a deal-breaker for you.
A strong use case drives demand for a cryptocurrency.
This increased demand shows how valuable the project is and will ultimately reflect in the price of the coin.
Given the increasing number of applications being built on Ethereum, all things being equal we can expect to see an ever-increasing demand for the Ether (ETH) which powers all of these projects and applications running on the Ethereum blockchain.
More so, with Ethereum 2.0, Ethereum should be faster, more scalable, and provide for lower transaction fees.
In extension, more projects can be built on the blockchain and existing projects can scale for mass adoption.
All these fueling the demand for Ether (ETH) and ultimately supporting the expected price appreciation.
In addition, more Ethereum is being locked up in DeFi, and even more, will be staked in ETH 2.0.
All these will go towards reducing the circulating supply, which will expectedly cause the price of ETH to rise.
Finally, according to data available on StateofTheDapps, there are exactly 2638 running 14 different smart contracts blockchains including Ethereum.
1897 of the 2638 dApps are built and running on the Ethereum blockchain.
That means that more than 70% of all cryptocurrency dApps are built and running on Ethereum and Ethereum 2.0 is not even live yet.
Ethereum doesn’t seem to have a more worthy rival in the smart contract market “yet”.
And everything points to …buy! buy! buy! and buy some more ETH.
3. Binance Coin (BNB)
BNB is the native cryptocurrency of the entire Binance ecosystem —a complete suite of cryptocurrency products and solutions that aims to make cryptocurrency accessible to the masses.
The ever-expanding Binance ecosystem consists of:
- Binance Exchange
- Binance DEX
- Binance Smart Chain
- Binance Launchpad
- Binance Us
- Binance Academy
- Binance Labs, etc.
And BNB is the one cryptocurrency that powers all of the various arms of Binance.
Binance Coin (BNB) Use Cases:
Expectedly, being the native coin of the Binance ecosystem, BNB has multiple use cases, which include but certainly not limited to:
- BNB is used to pay transaction fees on the Binance Chain.
- BNB is used to pay transaction fees on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC).
- BNB is used to pay for transaction fees on the Binance Exchanges (enjoy up to 25% discounts).
- BNB is used for making in-store payments, travel bookings, and reservations.
- BNB is used for lending, staking, and savings on the Binance exchange, Binance Chain, and other external DeFi platforms.
- BNB is used and accepted as loan collateral on several DeFi platforms.
- Use BNB to pay for real estate properties.
- Use BNB to pay for your web hosting services.
- BNB is used to pay to participate in Binance Launchpad.
Of course, there’re tons of other specific use cases for the Binance Coin (BNB) which I can’t possibly list all of them here.
The take-home point is that BNB is a cryptocurrency with solid real-life use cases that makes it valuable.
Other Key Features and Strength of Binance:
- Binance is managed by an experienced, competent, visible, and transparent team lead by CZ (CEO).
- Binance has one of the largest ecosystems among all cryptocurrency projects in the space. Haven acquired several high quality related and complementary projects, including the acquisition of CoinMarketMarket all supporting the growth of the Binance Coin (BNB) and to strengthen its top position in the crypto space.
- Binance operates the largest cryptocurrency exchange based on trading volume according to verifiable data from most crypto data aggregators.
- Binance Chain and Binance Smart Chain has some of the lowest transaction fees, scalable and fast transaction throughput blockchains in the crypto space.
- Binance Smart Chain (BSC) supports cross-chain interoperability making. Making it easy for developers and users to move from other blockchains without any negative effect and enjoy lower fees, faster transactions on the BSC.
- Binance arguably has the largest community of crypto users. Check their telegram, web traffic, and social media followings and compare them with other exchanges and similar projects.
4. Presearch Token (PRE)
The Presearch Token (PRE) is the native cryptocurrency of the Presearch Engine.
Presearch is an open, community-run, blockchain-based, decentralized search engine that rewards its users with PRE tokens for using, contributing to, and promoting the platform.
You will discover why I strongly feel the PRE token is one of the most undervalued cryptocurrencies in the market right now.
In fact, did you know that the value of the Presearch.Org website is 6X bigger than the market cap of the PRE token?
That’s how grossly undervalued the PRE token is.
And given the fact that the next one year will bring some of the most exciting features, use cases and functionality of the search engine makes it even more of a good buy at the current prices.
Follow the link above to read up on what the Presearch Team is building, the PRE token use cases, and what to expect in the next 2 to 5 years.
5. Basic Attention Token (BAT)
Basic Attention Token (BAT) is an Ethereum-based ERC-20 token and native cryptocurrency of the Brave Browser.
The Basic Attention Token (BAT) was created to revolutionize digital advertising in a unique and insanely innovative way, using blockchain technology.
The BAT model is simple.
The token aims to correctly price user attention by paying you to view ads.
That sounds too good to be true right? –yes but it’s exactly what BAT and Brave Browser are doing.
More so, the project feels that digital advertising is overrun by greedy and selfish middlemen, trackers, and outright fraud.
And aims to improve the efficiency of digital advertising by creating a new token that can be exchanged between publishers, advertisers, and users.
How does BAT Work?
Here’s how this works in real life.
Advertisers pay with the Basic Attention Token in order to obtain a variety of advertising services on the Brave Browser.
Internet users who choose to engage with the Ads through the Brave browser are rewarded with a 70% share of the Ads revenue paid by advertisers.
More so, website owners who opt to display these ads on their websites and/or apps, are also rewarded with a 70% share of what the advertisers paid.
While regular internet uses who opt to view these ads on the websites get 15% and the platform keeps the remaining 15% of the Ads revenue.
The BAT ecosystem works together with the Brave Browser, which leverages blockchain technology to anonymously track and reward user-attention securely and rewards publishers accordingly.
In essence, currently, to access the BAT platform and enjoy the rewards users must interact with the Brave Browser as both projects work hand in hand and developed by the same team.
What is the Future of the Basic Attention Token (BAT)?
According to data from Statista, Ad spending in the Digital Advertising market amounts to $365, 554, 000, 000.
That is three hundred and sixty-five billion, five hundred and fifty-four million US dollars as of 2020.
The Basic Attention Token and Brave Browser are aiming to take a reasonable share of that market value.
In my opinion, the likelihood of achieving at least a 10% share of the digital advertising market dollars in the next 5 to 10 years is highly likely.
Should that happen, BAT should have a market capitalization of about $36, 555, 400, 000.
As of the time of writing this article, the total market capitalization of the Basic Attention Token (BAT) is exactly $297,864,372 –nowhere near the figures above.
That means exactly one thing –the Basic Attention Token (BAT) is highly undervalued right now as the tokens fundamentals far outweigh its current market cap.
Thus making it one of the potentially best cryptocurrencies to buy now.
6. TrustSwap (SWAP)
TrustSwap is a complete suite of smart contracts services and tools that include:
- Token lockups
- Trustless token swaps
- Time-release token payments or transfers
- Asset tokenization
And at the center of these services and smart contracts tools is the SWAP token, which is the native cryptocurrency of the TrustSwap platform.
TrustSwap (SWAP) Use Cases
What is the SWAP token used for that makes it valuable and sustaining its expected potential price increase?
- Staking. The SWAP token can be staked on TrustStake to earn a share of all network transaction fees. This reduces the amount of SWAP in circulation and potentially increasing the scarcity of the token.
- Token buyback and burn. The team will use a share of the network transaction fees to buy SWAP from the open market and burn. This will have a similar effect as staking stated above.
- SWAP is used to pay for all transactions and service fees on the TrustSwap network. All services are paid for in SWAP which will obviously create a strong demand for the token as the platform grows in userbase and clients.
What’s more, the project is managed by an experienced, competent, visible, and transparent team lead by Jeff Kirdeikis.
7. Tether (USDT)
Yes! that’s correct. USDT is a stablecoin.
And a stablecoin should be part of your cryptocurrency portfolio diversification strategy.
But Chris, why should I buy a stablecoin when the price is always stable and never increases?
The reason is that the cryptocurrency market is very volatile.
And a stablecoin can be your hedge against this volatility especially when it goes in an undesirable direction.
You could use it to buy more during a massive dip to DCA your position in a Bitcoin or any of the cryptocurrencies in your portfolio.
Or walk away with if crypto happens to go to zero and you lose everything you invested in Bitcoin and the other altcoins in your portfolio.
So for the love of safety, make sure to buy some USDT, USDC, DAI, BUSD, or any other stablecoin that you trust is backed by a healthy fiat reserve.
8. ChainLink (LINK)
ChainLink is a decentralized oracle network that enabled a trustless exchange of data between any blockchain network and the outside world.
And the LINK token is the currency of the ChainLink platform.
LINK Token Use Cases
What is sustaining the expected potential price increases of the LINK token?
- Accessing data from or using any of the ChainLink services requires the use of the LINK token.
- Nodes on the ChainLink network must stake the LINK token as collateral to process data on the network are rewarded in LINK tokens for their services. The more LINK they hold the high the volume and value of the data they can process.
- Data volume and value on the ChainLink network is measured in LINK token.
- So that the higher the volume or value of data being exchanged, the higher the demand for LINK, and ultimately, the higher the price of the token.
- Almost all DeFi projects and decentralized networks in the crypto space right now are partnered with ChainLink and uses the ChainLink oracle to receive and send data between the outside world and the blockchain networks.
One important thing that makes the ChainLink oracle a genius solution and appealing to decentralized projects is that its users —the creators of the smart contracts that use ChainLink data are insured from any form of losses whatsoever.
This is because every node operator is required to hold as much LINK as the data it processes.
So that should a node operator go rogue or process false data they lose their staked LINK which can then be used to incentivize the client.
Therefore, as the volume and value of transactions on the ChainLink increases, there will be a greater demand on node operators to maintain higher collateral in LINK toke to be able to process these transactions and earn the attendant rewards.
This will push the price of the LINK token up as supply is limited.
9. Monero (XMR)
Monero is the foremost privacy coin that claims to be untraceable and highly secure.
It’s only use case is as a currency for making secure and untraceable payments.
As governments all over the world your spouse, employer, etc keeps prying on your financial transactions many people will be running to privacy coins to protect their privacy and Monero is the leading privacy coin to be considered.
Click here to read my Monero Coin (XMR) Price Prediction for 2020-2025 to know what the price of Moero will likely be in the next few years ahead and much more.
10. Dash Coin (DASH)
DASH simply means Digital cASH.
And, similar to Monero, Dash’s only use-case is as a better substitute for fiat.
But why would people use DASH rather than fiat or even other available cryptocurrencies?
- Dash is fast. Payments are processed instantly.
- Dash can be sent and received offline, just like sending a text message.
- Dash is secure and has optional privacy if you prefer to keep your transactions private and from prying eyes.
- Dash is cheap to send. Transaction fees cost less than a cent.
- Dash is one of the most widely accepted currencies in thousands of merchant locations and online stores worldwide.
Click here to read my Dash Coin Price Prediction for 2020-2025 to know what the price of DASH will likely be in the next few years ahead and much more.
11. Injective Protocol Token (INJ)
The Injective Protocol is the first layer-2 decentralized exchange protocol that supports:
- cross-chain derivatives trading,
- zero gas fees,
- unlimited asset markets,
- a fully decentralized 0x-based orderbook model, and
- a super-fast transaction execution engine.
INJ is an Ethereum-based ERC-20 token and the native cryptocurrency that powers the entire Injective Protocol ecosystem.
The Injective Protocol ecosystem comprises of:
- Injective Chain
- Injective Futures Protocol
- Injective Exchange
- Injective Governance
INJ Use Cases:
What is the INJ token used for that gives it value and support its expected potential price appreciation?
- The INJ token is used as the governance token of the Injective Protocol for proposing and voting for network changes and participating in the decision-making process.
- INJ is used to pay for the exchange transaction fees.
- Nodes on the Injective Protocol network must stake INJ token as collateral to process transactions and participate in the network activities.
- INJ can be staked to earn rewards in the form of a share of the network fees.
- INJ is used to provide liquidity for a share of the liquidity providers’ reward.
Click here to read my previous and updated post on What is Injective Protocol? including price predictions for 2020-2025 and much more
Final Thought on the Best Cryptocurrencies to Buy Now
There are over 7000 different cryptocurrencies according to data from CoinMarketCap.
And choosing the best cryptocurrencies to buy now could be a serious challenge.
That is why we have come up with this list of the best cryptocurrencies to buy now, based on their strong fundamentals use cases.
Bitcoin, being the first and most valuable cryptocurrency is an obvious choice.
But Bitcoin alone may not give you the best return on your investment.
That is why we have included a few hand-picked altcoins discussed here.
So that you can have a varied and rich cryptocurrency portfolio.
You don’t have to buy all of them.
Except you really have a large capital to spread.
But I highly recommend you have Bitcoin and Ethereum in your portfolio.
Then you can consider buying 2 to 5 of the other coins on this list that interests you.
More so, you don’t have to use this list as the only basis for selecting the best cryptocurrencies to buy now.
You can conduct your own fundamental analysis of any projects in the market that is of interest to you to determine their investment viability for you.
Finally, this is by no means an exhaustive list of the best cryptocurrencies to buy now.
But it can give your quest for a rich cryptocurrency portfolio a boost.
This list will be updated regularly to add more cryptocurrencies that I believe will be good for your portfolio.
So bookmark it and check back every so often for the updates.
What are some of the great cryptocurrencies you have in or considering adding to your portfolio?
Share with us in the comments section below.