I purchased my first NFT Domain from Unstoppable Domains on July 2, 2020. Since then, I have accumulated over 30 domains and given away about a dozen.
Many of the recipients of my NFT domain giveaways and new users who’re just learning about NFT domains have asked me what they can do with them.
So in this post, I would be sharing with you the 3 cool things you can do with your Unstoppable NFT domains right now.
What are NFT domains?
NFT domains are blockchain-based domains that give you absolute control over the name and associated data.
Unlike traditional domain names which can expire or be censored, NFT domains are like any other NFT or crypto in your wallet.
Only the person with access to the private key or passphrase to the wallet where an NFT domain is stored can access or control it.
However, NFT domains are more than just censorship-resistant domain names. They’re vastly useful for other purposes discussed in detail below.
3 cool things you can do with your Unstoppable NFT domains
NFT domains have continued to see greater adoption, integrations, and use cases, in the past 2 years.
Below are some of the cool things you can do with your NFT domains right now:
- Receive crypto payments
- Universal username across apps and websites
- Website URL
Let’s discuss each of them below.
1. Receive crypto payments
With NFT domains, you longer have to copy and paste wallet addresses and have to painfully triple-check to be sure you copied the correct address. Now, you can use your NFT domain to receive practically any cryptocurrency payments.
So, the next time someone asks for your wallet address to send you crypto, you can simply send them your NFT domain name.
But first, you need to connect a wallet address to your NFT domain for every cryptocurrency you want to receive with it.
Relax! It’s not as complicated as it sounds.
For example, you can use the same wallet address to receive ETH and all ERC 20 tokens.
In fact, you can use that same wallet address to receive all tokens on any EVM-compatible chain such as BSC, Fantom, smartBCH, Polygon, Avalanche, etc.
And then attach the respective wallet addresses for other chains like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Cardano, Doge, Solana, etc.
If you did not connect an address to your NFT domain for the crypto you want to receive, the payment will fail.
2. Universal username across apps and websites
You can now login to web2 and web3 apps using your NFT domains. Instead of using a username and password, Facebook, or Google, you can choose to login with Unstoppable Domains.
NFT domains remove the need to create and remember new usernames and passwords for every dApps or website you use as you can simply login everywhere with your domain.
You can carry your username across different parts of web3 and the metaverses, control what data to share with the dApps or websites you login to, etc. Giving you 100% over your online identity.
Furthermore, you can attach an avatar to your NFT domain and it will appear on all apps you login to with your domain that supports this feature, similar to Gravatar.
3. Website URL
As mentioned earlier, your NFT domain can be used as your decentralized, blockchain-based website address. You can build censorship-resistant websites with your NFT domain.
Why use Unstoppable Domains
There’re several other popular NFT domain registrars such as Ethereum Naming Service (ENS), Handshake, etc. that you can choose to buy your NFT domains.
However, Unstoppable Domains is my favourite because it…
- has the largest number of registered domains (2.2 million),
- supports the most amount of coins and tokens,
- and is integrated and supported by over 160 different applications, wallet providers, etc.
In essence, Unstoppable Domains is the most popular and widely adopted NFT domain registrar.
Furthermore, Unstoppable is where I purchased my NFT domain, plus:
- Domains start at $5, which is affordable for most people.
- There are no renewal fees. You pay for your NFT domain from Unstoppable Domains only once and own it forever.
- Your NFT domains live in your wallets like any NFT or token. So you maintain 100% ownership and control over your domain. Nobody can take it or censor whatever website you build with it.
- You can receive over 300 different cryptocurrencies with your Unstoppable Domains NFT domain. Thanks to the wider integrations with most blockchains and wallet providers.
- Multiple domain extensions to choose from such as .crypto, .x, .wallet, .nft, .dao, .888, etc.
- Unstoppable Domains is available on both Ethereum and Polygon and you can move your domains between the two chains seamlessly
- On Polygon, all transactions with your NFT domains are free as Unstoppable Domains pay the gas fees for you. Minting, domain transfers, adding wallet addresses, etc, are all free. But you will pay your fees on Ethereum.
The web3 economy is growing fast and NFT domains are quickly gaining traction with projects such as Unstoppable Domains and ENS becoming a household name.
I believe that in the next 2 to 10 years, nobody would be using a long wallet address to receive crypto, login to websites with email and passwords, Facebook, or Google.
Because you can use your NFT domains for these and more. In this post, we discussed the top 3 things you can do with your NFT domains right now, which include, using them as…
- your universal username across different applications and websites,
- a blockchain-based website address,
- wallet address for receiving all your crypto payments.
What’s more, you can easily sell them on OpenSea like every other NFT.
What are you currently doing with your NFT domains? Share with us in the comments section below.