People are making life-changing money with crypto airdrops and you can too. And I’m about to show you where to focus your efforts for the best crypto airdrops in 2023 and beyond.
Let’s see if you can make your first or extra $1 million in crypto over the next 1 to 2 years through airdrops, using the information here.
But first, know this…
The best way to get crypto airdrops
The best way to “farm” crypto airdrops is to use the target protocol or chain productively. That way, whether you get any airdrop or not, you didn’t waste your time and money.
And if there’s nothing productive to use the protocol or chain for, then I wonder if it’s even worth going after its potential airdrop.
Otherwise, you may waste a lot of money mindlessly farming any and every potential airdrop due to gas costs, losses, and rug pulls.
There’s also the risk of getting disqualified from airdrops due to unhealthy on-chain activities that you must be aware of.
My point is, there’s no complicated formula for getting airdrops. Just use the protocols productively and you’re good.
With that out of the way, below are the top protocols and chains with potential upcoming airdrops in 2023 and beyond.
Top 4 upcoming crypto airdrops in 2023 and how to earn them
Note that none of these potential airdrops is confirmed or certain. There’s a chance they don’t do an airdrop or you don’t get their airdrop because they distribute their token in a novel way we didn’t anticipate.
That said, the following protocols and chains have a very high chance of doing an airdrop in 2023 or beyond.
Let’s discuss each of them below.
1. zkSync airdrop
zkSync is an Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution with a focus on hyper scalability —the ability to process an unlimited number of transactions without a marginal impact on security or cost.
The chain has raised a record-breaking sum of $458 million from tier 1 VCs, including the Ethereum Foundation, a16z, Coinbase Ventures, alchemyVentures, etc.
The zkSync (ZKS) token launch has been confirmed and the potential airdrop is huge.
According to Alex Gluchowski (Matter Labs CEO), the chain will require a token when it’s ready for decentralisation about a year from now —around March 2024.
So, here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to position yourself for it.
How to earn the zkSync (ZKS) airdrop
As I mentioned earlier, you’re going to try and earn the airdrop by using the chain productively to avoid being labelled a Sybil and disqualified.
First, identify the best projects on zkSync and identify the ones that offer products that you can use.
Some projects on zkSync I’m using naturally include:
- Official zkSync Bridge: Use it to bridge ETH and other listed tokens from Ethereum to ZkSync Era and vice versa.
- Orbiter Finance: This is a cross-chain bridge you can use to move ETH, USDC, USDT, or DAI across over a dozen networks, including zkSync Era. The V1 supports bridging only ETH and V2 added support for the above-mentioned stablecoins.
- Mute.io: The leading DEX on zkSync. Trade, provide liquidity, and invest in bonds, as you would normally do.
- ZigZag Exchange: An orderbook DEX with limit orders on zkSync. It also has a bridge for moving ETH and a host of other tokens between Ethereum and zkSync. Other notable DEXs on zkSync I’m using are SpaceFi (DEX), SpaceSwap (DEX), and Rhino Finance (portfolio manager, coss-chain bridge, DEX, etc).
- zkMarket and Mint Square: Both are NFT marketplaces.
You can discover other projects yourself by exploring the zkSync ecosystem and using the protocols that offer the products you want.
Also, you can find new micro-cap tokens and shitcoins to degen into as soon as they launch through the DEXScreener zkSync page and the zkTools New Tokens Telegram bot.
I am using a MetaMask wallet connected to the zkSync Era network and it works perfectly.
But if you want something different, check the zkSync ecosystem page for more.
2. Starknet airdrop
StarkNet is an Ethereum layer 2 scaling solution based on zk-Rollup technology that enables dApps to achieve massive scale without compromising security.
The chain is being developed by StarkWare Industries which has raised over $280 million from top crypto VCs, including Sequoia Capital, a16z, Paradigm, etc.
It has a fast-growing ecosystem they’re expected to airdrop a STARK token to users of key projects on the chain in the nearest future.
Here’s how to increase your chance of qualifying for and earning a sizeable Starknet (STARK) potential airdrop.
How to earn the Starknet (STARK) airdrop
First, you need a wallet that’s compatible with the Starknet network. I am using Argent X (the first wallet on Starknet) and Braavos to connect to Starknet.
Next, interact with all the protocols or dApps on Starknet that you find useful. Some of the best dApps on Starknet to use include:
- Stargate: This is the official Starknet bridge. Use it to move ETH, WBTC, USDC, USDT, and DAI from Ethereum to Starknet. If you try to bridge from other chains, it’ll direct you to use Orbiter Finance instead.
- Orbiter Finance: Yeah, the same Orbiter Finance we mentioned earlier. Use it to bridge ETH and other supported tokens from any of the supported chains to Starknet.
- 10K Swap: The most popular DEX on Starknet. Use it for trading and liquidity mining on Starknet. They don’t have a token yet, so, they might also do an airdrop when they launch a token. Other DEXes on Starknet to use are JediSwap and MySwap. Trade and provide liquidity on these as much as you can.
- Nostra Finance: Decentralised crypto lending and borrowing protocol on Starknet. It also has a stablecoin DEX and the first Starknet-native stablecoin, UNO, that can be minted using ETH as collateral. Deposit collateral and borrow or mint UNO on the platform if you want to use it.
- Mint Square: A multi-chain NFT marketplace that supports Starknet. Use it to mint, buy, or sell NFTs on Starknet. Aspect is another NFT marketplace you can try out if NFTs are your thing.
- Starknet.ID: The all-in-one blockchain identity and naming service on Starknet.
You can check out the Starknet ecosystem for other interesting projects to explore.
3. LayerZero airdrop
LayerZero is an omnichain interoperability protocol designed to make it easier for different blockchains to communicate and share data with each other.
The company behind the project, LayerZero Labs, have raised over $170 million from prominent VCs in the crypto, including a16z, Sequoia Capital, Binance Labs, etc.
LayerZero is likely to airdrop its token to users of protocols built on it. This is based on what’s been seen in a portion of the LayerZero codebase which reveals a ZRO token.
But don’t get too excited already. Follow the steps to make sure you qualify and earn a sizeable share when it happens.
How to earn the LayerZero (ZRO) airdrop
To qualify for the LayerZero (ZRO) airdrop, you need to use any of the projects built on the protocol before the snapshot date, which is yet to be announced.
So, you probably still have time to position yourself accordingly for the potential ZRO airdrop by using the following protocols built on LayerZero.
- Stargate Bridge: Stargate is an omnichain liquidity transfer protocol that enables you to move any token from any chain to any other chain. You can also use it for one-sided liquidity mining, yield farming, staking and governance. All of which counts for using LayerZero.
- Aptos Bridge: An omnichain bridge built on LayerZero that enables you to transfer any listed token across supported chains. Currently supports 7 chains, including Aptos, Ethereum, BSC, Arbitrum, etc.
- Harmony Bridge: Another LayerZero bridge that enables you to move several listed tokens across Ethereum, BSC, and Harmony. Will probably add support for other chains with time.
- Bungee Exchange: An omnichain atomic DEX built on LayerZero that enables you to swap native assets on two different chains. It supports various chains such as Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, Avalanche, Fantom, etc.
- Pendle Finance: A yield tokenization protocol that allows you to separate and trade the future yield and the principal of your assets. The basic idea of Pendle is maximising yield farming income through what they call, yield trading.
- ChainX: A decentralized cross-chain asset exchange platform that supports BTC, ETH, DOT and other assets using LayerZero protocol and Polkadot parachain technology.
As of today, March 27, 2023, I have not used any of the above LayerZero protocols; but based on my research, I believe they’re good and worth exploring.
Join the LayerZero Discord server to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the project.
4. Sui airdrop
Sui claims to be the first permissionless Layer 1 blockchain that enables creators and developers to build dApps that serves the next billion users in web3.
The chain is being developed by Mysten Labs, a company committed to building tools that enable individuals and creators to have unprecedented ownership over their own data and content.
According to details on their website, the Sui Foundation is designing the SUI Token Community Access Program to enable Sui community members to get SUI directly in the early phases of the network’s lifespan.
The Program will also support community members who have contributed to improving the adoption, stability, security, and reliability of the Sui ecosystem during the Devnet and Testnet phases.
As of today, March 27, 2023, Sui is still in Devnet, Mainnet is scheduled to launch in Q2 of 2023 according to a tweet by the project.
How to earn the Sui (SUI) airdrop
The Sui Network team have confirmed they’ll compensate early (testnet and devnet) users. So, there’s an opportunity for you here.
Here’s how to position yourself for the SUI airdrop.
First, get a compatible wallet like the Sui Wallet or Suiet Wallet. I am using both of them and they’re great.
Secondly, get some free Devnet SUI tokens to test the network. You can request free Devnet SUI tokens from the Sui Wallet or their Discord Devnet faucet bot to use in testing the network.
To request free Devnet Sui tokens from the bot, write this: !faucet YouSuiWalletAddress. For example: !faucet 0x772B178a07984A181f191c7F9B4124a5F4CEfFad.
Once you get some free Devnet SUI tokens, you can stake them in the Sui Wallet or proceed to use the following protocols built on Sui to test the network.
- Aftermath Finance: A decentralised exchange and money market protocol on Sui.
Sui Exchange: The first decentralised exchange built on the Sui network. You can use it to swap tokens, provide liquidity, or participate in initial liquidity offerings (ILOs) for new projects launching on Sui. SuiSwap: A DEX on Sui allows you to swap, trade, and provide liquidity for different tokens in a fast, secure, and unified way. They’re currently a Crew3 Quest which you can join to earn XP. Every XP you get in CREW3 can be used to redeem the Suiswap token confirmed airdrop when they launch.
- SuiPad: This is the first launchpad for tier 1 projects on Sui.
- Suistart: A decentralised launchpad on Sui Network. They’re also running a Cre3 Quest you can join to earn XP points.
Every XP you get in CREW3 can be used to redeem the Suistart token confirmed airdrop when they launch.
Note that all projects on Sui are still in development until the chain launches its mainnet. Also, all of them don’t have a token yet and most will do an airdrop when they launch.
So, make sure to participate in as many as possible and you may be able to kill many birds with one stone.
How to get new airdrop alerts
This article will be updated constantly with the latest and best upcoming crypto airdrops to save you countless hours of doing your own research from scratch.
However, there’re hundreds of potential airdrop opportunities out there you can explore. But we can’t cover them all in a single article.
So, below are the best places you can look for more airdrops to join.
- CryptoSorted Airdrops page: Get the step-by-step guide for participating in different individual upcoming crypto airdrops. We pick only legit or confirmed airdrops to save you time and avoid scams.
- DeFiLlama: Lists protocols that don’t have a token yet but may launch one and do an airdrop in the future.
- Crypto Twitter: Search for “ProjectName Airdrop” on Twitter to see what people are discussing about a potential airdrop for a project. For example, “zkSync airdrop” will return top and recent tweets about zkSync airdrop.
Of course, there’re other places to get upcoming airdrops alpha but these are a great starting point. And you don’t want to overwhelm yourself and risk getting scammed.
But feel free to explore the web of crypto airdrops as much as you can.
Pro airdrop hunting tips
- Use a different wallet for your airdrop farming activities to avoid losing your main assets if you mistakenly interact with a malicious or buggy contract.
- Move your earned airdrop tokens to a different and more secure wallet when you receive them.
- Kill 3 birds with one stone by using a protocol without a token on a chain without a token yet but likely to have a token later.
- Be an organic user to avoid being labelled as a sybil and disqualified from the airdrops.
- If you can’t participate in all airdrops, choose the confirmed or most likely ones and double down on them.
You can earn millions of dollars in crypto airdrops if you know what you’re doing and position yourself accordingly.
The bigger your volume and the longer you continue to do business naturally on these protocols, the better your chance of qualifying and getting a sizeable airdrop from them.
Make sure to follow the steps and tips shared in this article and you’ll be all set.
And bookmark this page as I will be adding new upcoming airdrops and removing the ones that we have received to keep it up to date.
Also, check our dedicated airdrop page for the latest ongoing and upcoming crypto airdrops to join.
Got more legit or confirmed airdrops you want us to research and write about? Share with the community on Telegram.