Discover how to get paid for reading and blogging in this complete Publish0x Tutorial.
How would you love to play a game where you know that whichever way the dice turns up, you’re going to win?
That’s how it feels when you join Publish0x — the platform where you earn for writing, reading, and sharing the opportunity with others.
What is Publish0x?
Before you bite your tongue trying to pronounce the name, let me tell you that, according to the developers of this platform, the “0x” in the name is silent.
So you could just call it Publish!
Publish0x is a “crypto powered blogging platform” ~ Dan Bainbridge (CEO, Publish0x).
Founded by Dan Bainbridge —an Angel investor and blockchain enthusiast, Publish0x was launched in December 2018 and has been growing like “bitcoin in 2017” ever since.
Publish0x is a crypto powered blogging, digital publishing, and content sharing platform where users get paid for publishing, reading, and watching quality posts and video content.
Just like on Steemit and Medium, authors are rewarded for producing and sharing their content on the platform.
However, unlike the two of them, Publish0x does not only reward the authors but also rewards the readers through a tipping system in which users can read a post and tip the author.
The tip amount is divided between the author and the reader in a ratio chosen by the reader using a tipping slider.
Publish0x places equal value on both authors and readers because without readers even a good content is worthless.
To keep the platform healthy for everyone, readers cannot give an author less than 20% of the tip amount but they can give as much as 100% of a tip to an author if they so wish.
More information on tipping and earning is provided within the rest of this post.
How to Create a User Account on Publish0x
So, enough of the intros, let’s get into the real action.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
You will be taken to the home page where you will find the top trending posts at the top.
And when you scroll down, you’ll find some more posts in the different categories ranked based on their popularity for that particular category.
At the topmost of the page, you have the navigation bar (highlighted in the image above) which contains links to the different pages on the website.
I advise you to take a little tour of the website by clicking through as many links as you can on the page to get familiar with your new environment.
If you get lost, just click on the Publish0x logo to return to the first page.
The next thing is to click on the Sign-Up and Earn Crypto button at the end of the navigation bar on desktop or the Get Started button if you’re on mobile.
You can Sign Up using your Facebook or Twitter account or better still, create an account with your email by filling and submitting the registration form.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we’ll be signing up with the E-mail option.
Therefore, click Sign up with Email. Enter your email address and preferred password and hit the Register button as below.
You will be asked to verify your email address.
Check your email for the verification link sent to you, click the link and your account will be verified.
You are ready to start reading, tipping, and earning immediately and you can also proceed with applying to become an Author right away.
Why You Should Be on Publish0x
Publih0x is not just another publishing platform.
It’s the best earning and publishing platform yet.
We are not the first but we will be the biggest, and we have a few unique quirks ~ Dan Bainbridge (Publish0x’s CEO).
So what makes Publish0x unique?
- Publish0x pays you in crypto and no senseless, privacy-invasive KYC required.
- Publish0x pays both authors and readers, unlike other platforms where only the authors get paid.
- Earning is guaranteed on Publish0x for every registered member.
- Membership is free and no limitation whatsoever on how many posts you can freely access. Everything on Publish0x is not just free, you get paid to read them.
- Your posts and articles earn for life. Users can still tip the post you shared in 2019 and will still be able to do so, even in 2025 or 2050. One time investment, lifetime earnings.
- Enjoy high-quality posts. Publish0x maintains strict quality standards; as such contents on the platform are mostly the best of the best, original and unique contents from the users. What’s more, authors are manually verified and approved for quality assurance. You will be banned without warning if you publish plagiarized or spun content.
- You get paid in multiple tokens, rather than being restricted to a particular token as it is with other platforms such as Uptrennd, for instance. Currently, tips on Publish0x are being paid with BAT, DAI, and LRC tokens and I believe many more top tokens will be added as the platform advances. These tokens are not shitcoins, they’re really valuable tokens you can find on CoinMarketCap.
How to Apply as an Author on Publish0x (Optional)
The fastest and best way to earn even more on Publish0x is to become an author and produce great content.
To apply as an author all you need to do is log in to your Publish0x account and click Become an Author from your dashboard or menu bar.
- Fill the form appropriately and point the admins to any work you have previously published on another platform or on your own website.
- State the general topic area you are going to be writing about, and give them your best email address for subsequent correspondence regarding your application.
- Read and accept all the terms and conditions, then hit the Submit Application button.
- Wait for approval within the next 24 to 48 hours. You will be notified when and if your application is approved or disapproved.
Your chances of being approved as an author will be near 100% if you have existing content to point the admins to, such as your content on Medium, Steemit, or your own website and blog.
Don’t panic, if you believe you are more than qualified to become an author and you don’t have any previous publishing work to show or your application got rejected.
The admins have displayed a high sense of understanding many times in this regard and you can simply message them via support with your strong points and I believe they may review your application once more and give you a chance.
Publis0x Tutorial: How to Earn [MORE] on Publish0x
Aside from creating an account, the easiest thing on Publish0x is earning. Basically, there are three ways to earn on Publish0x and if you’re like most of us, you’ll want to take advantage of all of them.
- Earn by Publishing Contents
- Earn by Reading Contents
- Earn by Becoming an Ambassador
Earn on Publish0x by Publishing Contents
The authors are the biggest earners on Publish0x.
As an author, your earning potential on Publish0x is nearly unlimited.
Earning as an author on Publish0x is simple, all you have to do is write and publish high quality and valuable content that answers real users’ questions and get tipped by hundreds and thousands of readers.
Tipping is a way of the readers saying –I love this article or thank you for sharing.
The more valuable content you produce, the more tips and followers you acquire and the more you build up your power to earn even more with subsequent posts.
Earn on Publish0x by Reading Contents.
You don’t necessarily have to be an author to earn on Publish0x.
Remember, on Publish0x everyone earns.
Nothing beats this –you get free access to some of the best content on the internet from real users and you get paid by doing just that –it’s golden!
The tip amounts on Publish0x are actually for the readers, who then decide which of the authors and posts they enjoy the most they would like to share it with.
As a reader, you can take as much as 80% of the tip and give the author the bare minimum of 20% or you can be more moderate by going with a 50/50. Better still, you can be super generous by giving more or all of it to the author for their efforts.
The choice is all yours and there’s no good or bad way to tip, except that you should try and be fair with it.
However, note that you can only tip a maximum of 6 times a day on the platform and only once per day for a particular author.
So let’s say you read and love one of our posts, and tipped us, that is it for that day.
You can’t tip any of our posts on the blog again until tomorrow even if you want to.
This is to create equal opportunity on the platform for everyone and make the system more sustainable.
Earn on Publish0x by Becoming an Ambassador (Referrals)
Stack up tokens passively through the Publish0x Ambassador program.
Promote and earn 5% of every tip amount given by the people you referred to the platform.
Upon registration, you are assigned an affiliate ID and Ambassador Link with which you can use to refer people to the platform and earn 5% from every tip they generate. Your Ambassador Link looks like this https://www.publish0x.com?a=xkaz475dJ0 while your affiliate ID is the last part of your link (highlighted) https://www.publish0x.com?a=xkaz475dJ0
One highly creative feature the publish0x developers have incorporated into the Ambassador Link system is that you can easily pick any article from the website, attach your referral ID (?a=K9b6AwQaEv) to the end of the article’s URL and share with your community.
Every user who follows that link to the website and ends up registering becomes your referral.
The article you attach your affiliate ID doesn’t necessarily have to be your own.
This is a great feature as you can always have fresh content to share with your audience and have your referral link buried within those pots – it’s neat and clean.
For lovers of deep tracking and analytics, Publish0x got you covered, as you can easily generate additional ambassador links with Tracking IDs (TIDs) which you can use to separate and monitor the performance of your different promotional channels.
For example, you can create separate TIDs for Facebook marketing, Instagram, twitter, website (banners and widgets), WhatsApp, Telegram, and whatever traffic sources you use in promoting your links.
Use this tool to help you see which traffic sources work best for you and produce the best result so you can double down on them.
It doesn’t stop there, Publish0x hosts a monthly referral contest where the top 10 referrers on the leaderboard share some $250 (this amount varies sometimes) monthly.
Be one of the most active ambassadors by referring people to Publish0x and earn your share of the various prizes in BAT!
The first prize winner goes home with a whopping $100.
If you compete and win this prize every month which definitely you can, you’ll be making an extra $100 monthly. Plus remember the 5% referral commission from all tips generated by the people you refer to the platform.
This could add up to really significant amount within a few months or years.
To help your referral campaign efforts, here are some suggested strategies and promotional ideas that can help you drive traffic to your referral link:
- If you own a website or blog you could use the Publish0x widget on your website to promote your affiliate link to your visitors just as you can see on our own website – https://cryptosorted.info
- Write Publish0x review articles on other publishing platforms or your own website and place your affiliate link in the content. Users who click your link to the platform and registers are credited to you.
- Facebook groups and public pages that allow the posting of links is another great source you could tap into. Don’t go about spamming people and groups with your link. Be creative, you could share some good posts from the Publish0x platform to some of your groups with your affiliate link hidden in the post’s URL. That way you wouldn’t appear spammy. If you want the freedom to post links as you like without risking embarrassments or getting kicked out of groups you can simply create your own group and build it to serve your purpose.
- If you have good followers or an active community on twitter or telegram and other social media platforms you can monetize them by sharing your link with them. I’m sure they’ll love the idea of earning just by reading articles.
- Create a WhatsApp group and teach people how to earn crypto for free on Publish0x. You can use this as a launchpad to educate people on cryptocurrency and give them the opportunity to learn and use cryptocurrency without them having to make any upfront investment. The tips and tokens are free so it should be easier to get many of them to try it out.
- All your marketing doesn’t have to be online, you can share the opportunity with the people you meet physically every day.
Be creative with your strategies in promoting your referral link and you can combine as many traffic sources as you can possibly accommodate.
It’s not a bad idea to have a target of how many people you want to refer to the platform, say per week.
Setting your goals straight will help you measure performance and focus on strategies that work best for you.
How to Become a Top Earner and Author on Publish0x
You applied as an author and luckily you got approved to start publishing. You publish your first 1 to 5 articles and their combined tip is not even up to $1.
But you poured your heart and soul into those posts; why aren’t many people tipping you?
Because many people didn’t come in contact with your post.
How much you earn is determined by how many people are tipping your posts and how many people are tipping your posts is determined by how many people get to see your posts in the first place.
And how many people get to see your posts is, in turn, determined by several factors such as:
- The publish0x algorithm
- The quality of your post or content
- The number of followers you have
- How well you promote your post within and outside Publish0x
The ranking factors used by the Publish0x platform are proprietary information.
There is no documentation anywhere on what factors the platform used to rank posts.
But one thing is for sure, quality posts almost always rank better and higher.
The best place to start is to write high quality and valuable content that answers people’s questions.
These posts will produce higher engagement as users comment, follow, tip, and upvote your post.
These engagements among other factors contribute to making the post rank higher.
More so, the more valuable your posts are, the more people follow you.
Your followers are alerted whenever you drop a post and are more likely to be the first to read and tip you.
The people following you are mostly doing so because they love what you are sharing and want to be notified of your future content.
These people will always tip you every single time when they can. So more followers mean more tip and more tips makes a happy author.
We observed several posts and authors with the highest tips and earnings and there is a striking similarity among them:
- They write posts that provide in-depth and detailed information on a specific topic. Usually, topics that appeal to a majority of the community. These posts are mostly detailed and provide answers to nearly all the questions a user will have concerning the topic being discussed. This does not mean you should stuff your posts with useless and irrelevant information just to make it long. No, far from that, discuss in detail and provide useful information concerning the topic you’re covering so that after reading your post I would have nearly all the answers I need concerning that topic.
- The highest earners have the highest followers in addition to having the most in-depth and valuable post content.
- Some have an audience outside of Publish0x they share their content with. I am not sure what impact such extra exposure has on their earnings but most likely it will boost their followers base as some of that traffic will join the platform and of course follow and tip their favorite author.
- They use attention-grabbing and relevant post titles and images to get people to click on their posts. Nobody will find the value buried within your posts if they never get to read them and they can’t read them without clicking to open it. Strong and relevant visuals and enticing post titles (not click baits please) were some of the things the top authors do well. Getting good images to use for your posts does not require you to pay for stock images or have to create your own. There are great high-resolution free stock photos on the internet you can use. My two favorite sources for such images are Picjumbo and Unsplash and I’m sure that there are even many more out there if you look around.
As can be easily identified from the above analysis, quality, and valuable content well written is the primary factor for ranking higher and earning more tips on Publish0x.
Focus on quality and providing value through in your posts and the followers and tips will naturally follow.
How to Withdraw Your Earnings on Publish0x
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy they say; and I say all earnings and no withdrawals makes a good scam.
Usually, the first question new users (especially those new to cryptocurrency) ask is; “how do I withdraw the money?”
Withdrawing your tokens on Publish0x is as easy as it is to earn it.
All you require is an Ethereum (ERC-20) based wallet to receive and store your tokens.
Examples of good ERC-20 wallets for you to consider are:
- Hardware wallets like Trezor and Ledger Nano S
- Web-based wallets such as MyCrypto, MyEtherWallet, and MetaMask
- Mobile Wallets such as ImToken, Coinomi, Trust Wallet, Eidoo, Atomic Wallet.
There are actually so many great Ethereum based wallets out there you can use and it’s beyond the scope of this post to cover or list all of them.
You can check out the various ones mentioned above and pick the one that you’re most comfortable with.
The most important thing is that whichever wallet you decide to use must be one that you own and control the private keys for the safety of your tokens.
Never use any exchange wallet as you don’t control the private keys to them, except you know exactly what you’re doing (in which case you don’t need any advice to that regard).
For the purpose of this tutorial, we recommend and will be using the Atomic Wallet.
Click HERE to download the latest version of the Atomic Wallet for your device.
Once you’ve downloaded, installed, and properly backed up your private key to the Atomic Wallet, copy your wallet address and proceed to your Publish0x dashboard and submit it for payments.
Click Dashboard >Settings >Wallets
Paste your wallet address where it says Enter your wallet address and then hit the Save button to save it.
Bravo! congratulations. you are all set for a happy stay on Publish0x.
On a final note, Publish0x has an excellent business model and a great vision.
More importantly, the Team is highly competent, experienced, and committed to taking the platform to greater heights.
We just hope they remain focused and keep BUIDLing.
Your potential to earn even more is enhanced by combining the various earning opportunities (reading, publishing, and referring) available on the platform.
More so, becoming a top author and earner on Publish0x does not require any genius or divine gift. You too can join the growing list of top authors on the platform by posting useful and practical information using strong visuals (images) and relevant post titles to capture attention.
If you’re consistent, you will be surprised how far you will go within a few months or years.
You will most certainly accumulate some reasonable amount of tokens by the end of the year to show for your efforts, and they’ll be worth something.
You will also enjoy reading:
- 7Solid Ways to Make Money with Cryptocurrency
- Top 10 Publish0x Authors You Should Know About
- My Publish0x Earning Report for The Past 5 Months
What do you think about the Publish0x blogging platform? What’s been your experience on the platform? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.