To make any real money in crypto, you need to find the best cryptocurrencies to buy and HODL long enough for them to appreciate in value.
And with the currently over 19,000 different cryptocurrencies in the market, finding the best cryptocurrencies to buy is a daunting challenge.
To save you time and headache, I decided to do the dirty work of filtering out the shitcoins and helping you find the best cryptocurrencies you need to be accumulating.
So, in this post, I will be sharing with you the best cryptocurrencies to buy now with a high level of confidence in their future potential.
The best cryptocurrencies to buy and why
Below are the top 7 best cryptocurrencies to buy and continue accumulating overtime for a solid portfolio.
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- BNB (BNB)
- Basic Attention Token (BAT)
- Chainlink (LINK)
- Presearch (PRE)
- Binance USD (BUSD)
Let’s discuss each of these coins and what makes them some of the best cryptocurrencies to buy now for a rich and profitable portfolio.
But before that, let’s talk about what makes a particular cryptocurrency a potentially good investment.
The two conditions for a particular cryptocurrency to even be considered for investment are:
- the probability of it being an outright scam or the project failing is near zero.
- there’s a good potential for the price to increase over time.
The first ensures that the likelihood of you losing your capital is minimal to non-existent.
And the second shows that you can make a decent profit on your investment given sufficient time.
Other factors that contribute to the two major points above and are worth mentioning include:
- Sustainable demand. Does the coin have a good utility or purpose which ensures people will keep buying it?
- Does the project behind it have a good number of users? Can it increase its user base over time?
- Is the code secure enough to keep hackers from easily stealing users’ money? Does the project have good developers working on it?
- Does the coin have good tokenomics such as limited supply, burn mechanism (deflationary), multiple use cases (utility), etc?
As such, for each of the best cryptocurrencies to buy now discussed below, we highlight these key factors to show their investment viability.
So, without much ado, let’s discuss in detail the best cryptocurrencies to buy now and why. Starting with the father of them all…
1. Bitcoin (BTC)
BTC is the first, most popular, and most valuable cryptocurrency in the market. And it’s the first coin to put on your list of the best cryptocurrencies to buy for a healthy portfolio.
Bitcoin is so popular that the name is used most times to represent the entire crypto market in social discussions. And most people have no idea what crypto is, but they know Bitcoin.
Furthermore, BTC is listed on every cryptocurrency exchange, and every existing crypto has a BTC trading pair. The entire market goes up or down with Bitcoin.
What makes BTC one of the best cryptocurrencies to buy?
- Bitcoin enjoys the first-mover advantage, massive community support, and global acceptance. Everywhere crypto is accepted, BTC is the first and most preferred coin.
- It’s easier to buy Bitcoin with cash on various platforms than most cryptocurrencies.
- Every major institution is either considering or already adding Bitcoin to their balance sheets. Institutional investors first buy BTC before considering any of the other cryptocurrencies on this list.
- Bitcoin is being adopted by various countries as a reserve currency like gold and the USD, and as a legal tender.
- It’s less volatile than most cryptocurrencies (except stablecoins) because it has the largest liquidity and market cap. BTC price swings are less dramatic, compared to the various low-cap coins out there.
- The supply is fixed (21 million) and so many coins have been and will continue to be lost forever. Plus demand is constantly increasing as countries, institutions and retail investors buy up as much BTC as they can.
- All the above and many more reasons make it highly unlikely that Bitcoin will fail and that makes it one of the best cryptocurrencies to buy and continue accumulating.
2. Ethereum (ETH)
Ethereum is the first and most popular smart contract platform. It’s also the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap.
In fact, almost every other smart contract platform is technically a duplicate or fork of Ethereum with some modifications and optimization for speed and cost-efficiency.
Therefore, even with all its problems (mostly high gas fees and slow transactions), Ethereum remains the king of all smart contract platforms.
Furthermore, ETH is used to pay for gas fees on the Ethereum chain. That means for every transaction involving ETH or any Ethereum-based ERC20 token, you need ETH to cover the gas fees.
What makes ETH one of the best cryptocurrencies to buy?
- Ethereum is considered the most secure and robust smart contract platform. The most important and valuable DeFi applications are built and running on Ethereum. Some countries are even considering building their CBDCs (central bank digital currencies) on Ethereum.
- The network has the largest developer community among all smart contract platforms. Most of the brightest minds (developers) are helping build Ethereum.
- According to StateofTheDapps, over 74% (2,947) of the total 4,012 existing dApps are on Ethereum.
- With the implementation of the EIP-1559 protocol on Ethereum, a portion of all transition fees is being burned to make Ethereum deflationary.
- Also, with the imminent launch of Ethereum2.0, the gas fees could be lower and transactions faster. This will bring back many users who left Ethereum due to fees and slow transactions.
- All the above and many more reasons ensure ETH will always be valuable.
3. BNB (BNB)
BNB is the cryptocurrency that powers the entire Binance and BNB chain ecosystem.
The coin has a fixed supply of 200 million and numerous use cases such as:
- Similar to ETH, the BNB coin is used to pay for gas fees on both BNB Chain and the Binance Beacon Chain.
- BNB is also used to participate in Binance Launchpads on binance.com.
- Holding BNB in your Binance account qualifies you to get discounts on trading fees and in some cases, you pay zero or even negative trading fees on the exchange.
Furthermore, BNB is deflationary as a fixed ratio of all gas fees collected on the BNB chain is burned in each block.
So far, out of the 200 million coins, over 36.89 million (and counting) have already been burned.
What makes BNB one of the best cryptocurrencies to buy?
- Firstly, BNB has a very limited supply and an aggressive burning mechanism that constantly reduces the number of coins in circulation. As the supply reduces and demand remains the same or increases, the value of BNB will only keep going up.
- There’re so many use cases for BNB which ensures constant demand for the coin. Thus helping sustain and increase its value over time.
- Very few projects can match the marketing firepower and financial strength of Binance.
- The team is both extremely competent, dedicated to growing the industry, and creatively competitive. Binance has one of the best teams with enough resources to get the results.
BNB is unequivocally one of the best cryptocurrencies to buy now and add to your crypto portfolio.
4. Basic Attention Token (BAT)
Search engines, browsers, and digital marketing are among the industries that will remain in good demand in the foreseeable future.
And one of the major projects that have established itself in all three markets is Brave with its Basic Attention Token (BAT).
Brave is a US-based company with a privacy-first browser and search engine powered by its native token, BAT.
BAT is used to pay for advertisements on both the Brave browser and search engine as well as reward their users who opt to view Brave ads.
What makes BAT one of the best cryptocurrencies to buy?
According to data from Statista, Ad spending in the Digital Advertising market is projected to reach $565.8 billion in 2022.
Brave with its BAT is aiming to take a reasonable share of that market value.
Let’s assume for a moment that Brave is able to acquire at least a 10% share of the digital advertising market dollars in the next 5 to 10 years
That would give BAT a market capitalization of about $56.58 billion, which is almost 50 times its current market cap of $1.2 billion.
And with a maximum supply of 1.5 billion, BAT could be worth $38 in the next few years.
Other reasons why I believe BAT is one of the best cryptocurrencies to buy and accumulate for the long term include:
- The team behind the project is more than good as one of the co-founders was the founder of Java Script and a former co-founder of the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- There’s increasing demand for privacy and Brave is a privacy-first search engine and browser.
- Brave has over 52.7 million monthly active users and 17.3 million active daily users (and counting). Such a large and growing user base is attractive to advertisers who keep buying Ad slots on Brave browser and search engines using BAT.
- The Brave ecosystem will only keep growing as its privacy products work as advertised and the reward system will further help to attract more users.
That means exactly one thing –BAT is highly undervalued right now as the token’s fundamentals far outweigh its current market cap.
5. Chainlink (LINK)
ChainLink is a decentralized oracle network that enables the trustless exchange of data between any blockchain network and the outside world.
And LINK is the currency that powers the ChainLink network. It is used to pay for sending and receiving data to and from a smart contract on any blockchain.
What makes LINK one of the best cryptocurrencies to buy?
- ChainLink is partnered or integrated with 1,326 projects in crypto. Nearly every major DeFi (decentralized finance) platform uses ChainLink.
- Accessing data from or using any of the ChainLink services requires the use of the LINK token. This means there’s a constant demand for LINK both to pay for data transfer on the network and to stake by nodes as collateral for the opportunity to process data requests and earn more LINK as a reward.
- The more data requests the ChaoinLink oracle handles, the more LINK is required to be staked by nodes to be able to process more data and earn rewards accordingly.
6. Presearch (PRE)
PRE is the token that powers the entire Presearch ecosystem. Presearch is a decentralized, community-based search engine that rewards its users with PRE tokens.
The token is mainly used to run ads on Presearch; incentivize users, node operators, promoters of the search engine, etc.
What makes PRE one of the best cryptocurrencies to buy?
According to Statista Ad spending in the search advertising market segment is projected to reach $272.50 billion by 2026.
With growing concerns for privacy, the growth of blockchain technology, and imminent cryptocurrency mass adoption, Presearch should be able to capture just 1% of the search engine market.
This would give it a market value of over $2.7 billion.
Divide that number by the maximum supply of 500,000,000 and the price of PRE could be $5.45 within the next few years.
That’s over 3,400% from the current price of $0.16 per PRE as of today, May 23, 2022.
And that’s just from one use case alone —keyword staking. We’ve not even factored in node staking and other use cases of PRE on Presearch.
Aside from the huge potential upside of the PRE price, other reasons why I am bullish on Presearch include, but are not limited to:
- Presearch is the first blockchain-powered, decentralized search engine with its own native token. In crypto, the first-mover is almost always guaranteed to win and become the market leader.
- The Presearch team is one of the most committed teams I know in crypto with a vision and long term focus. The team has been building the project from the ground up since 2017 and continues to deliver on the project’s roadmap and vision even in bad times.
- Presearch is a billion-dollar project with a current market cap of less than $70 million. It’s grossly undervalued.
I have been using the Presearch search engine a lot more over the past year and continue to buy and accumulate as much PRE as I can every day.
7. Binance USD (BUSD)
Every crypto portfolio should have a sizeable bag of stablecoins, especially during a bull run. The longer a bull market lasts, the bigger your stablecoin bag should grow.
But only invest in or take profit into stablecoins that you’re confident in their reserve, management, and ability to continue to maintain their peg or stability.
One such stablecoin I trust is BUSD.
BUSD is owned by Paxos and Binance and has received approval from the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS).
There’re other popular stablecoins such as USDC, USDT, DAI, FlexUSD, etc, that you can consider choosing from or diversifying into to spread your risk.
The place of a stablecoin in your portfolio is to book profit and prepare for the next bear market so you have funds ready to buy the dip.
And while you’re sitting on your stablecoin bag, you can put them to work by staking or lending them on some DeFi or CeFi platforms to earn interest.
What makes BUSD one of the best cryptocurrencies to buy?
BUSD is my stablecoin of choice because:
- It is fully regulated and audited. They ensure that every BUSD is backed 1:1 by a physical dollar stored in FDIC-insured US banks.
Withum, a top-ranking auditing firm in the US, independently verifies and publishes attention reports confirming that the entire supply of Binance USD (BUSD) tokens is consistent with their USD reserve accounts at U.S. banks.
- I am more confident in the competence and integrity of the Binance team under the leadership of CZ than most other centralized stablecoin creators.
- There’re multiple ways of earning rewards with your BUSD on various centrlized and decentralized finance platforms.
- Anyone can create an account with Paxos and convert BUSD to USD on a 1:1 basis at any time with zero fees.
According to CoinMarketCap, there are currently over 19,000 different cryptocurrencies in the market. This makes it extremely difficult to find the best cryptocurrency to buy and accumulate.
But in this post, I have done a significant portion of the research for you and identified the top 5 best cryptocurrencies to buy and why.
First is BTC which started it all, then ETH, BNB, BAT, and LINK.
Note that you don’t necessarily have to buy all of them, except you have a large capital to spread across multiple projects, which is good to diversify your portfolio.
Furthermore, this article is by no means an exhaustive list of the best cryptocurrencies to buy.
As such do not use it as the only basis for finding the best cryptocurrencies to buy and accumulate for the long term.
You can learn how to do your own research (DYOR) and analyze the fundamentals of any cryptocurrency yourself so that you can develop your own list of the best cryptocurrencies to buy, in addition to the ones mentioned here.